- Ability to create a 2nd user on the computer that is password protected.
- Windows PC's are recommended, however, Mac's may be used if you meet certain criteria, see below.
- Your computer may fail to meet one or two requirements with an exception given by the tech team. If you think your computer can still qualify, contact the tech team with the requirements and we'll review your case.
- You will need 2 monitors, a USB headset, and your computer connected via Ethernet cable minimum to work.
If you meet all the requirements click the button to schedule a Setup. Scheduling
Quad-Core 2.5 GHz or better (Need 4+ cores)
Intel Core i5 1.7 GHz or better (Need 4+ cores)
Ram Windows & Mac
8GB DDR3 or better
Hard Drive Windows
Hard Drive Mac
20GB+ free space
20GB+ free space
Operating System Windows
Operating System Mac
Windows 10 Home Premium or later
Mojave OS X 10.14 or later
Screen Resolution Windows & Mac
Required Minimum Resolution: 1680 x 1050 - 1 must be at least 1680x1050 - 2nd can be any resolution.
For ALL Reps: 2 monitors are required.
If your computer does not fit those requirements and you should not schedule a setup appointment until you have a computer that does
How to Check Your Windows Computer Qualifies
- Go to the search bar in the bottom left corner of your main screen and type "system information" then hit enter
- You should see a screen that looks like this. Find the information in this box and see if it meets the above requirements.
- USB (3.5mm connections are not supported with Five9)
- Wired (Wireless headsets not permitted)
Note: If you do not have a headset while the tech team is checking your computer, you will not be considered ready to work from home by the Tech Team.
- Router must be accessible to you
- Able to hard-wire an Ethernet cable from your router to your computer (wireless not allowed)
- Internet Connection must be Cable (coaxial) or Fiber Optic.
- DSL, Satellite, Wireless (mobile data), or Dial Up connections are not permitted.
- Must be able to pass Five9 Network Prequalification Test which will be administered by a Tech Team member
Public IP Address Requirements
If you cannot log in due to IP address issues, talk to your manager first.
You are required to have either Option 1 or Option 2:
- The IP address must rotate within the same subnet i.e. everything in the public IP address must stay the same with the exception of the last set of numbers e.g. 192.158.100.x (where "x" can change by the discretion of your Internet Service Provider).
- The IP address must be a static IP address i.e. everything including the last set of numbers must be the same and cannot change.
Note: It is impossible for Tech to test whether or not your IP address will change frequently since this is controlled by your Internet Service Provider. You may be approved to work from home, but tech can only update your IP address 2-3 times in our system. If you have any concerns that your Public IP address will change frequently please talk to your manager.
- A private room that NO one else will need to be in or use during your scheduled shift
- Your residence must be able to have low noise levels during your scheduled shift
- Cannot have other distractions or obligations (e.g. childcare responsibilities, etc.)
- OK if TV and/or music is on in the background as long as it’s not too loud
- Pants not required
Supported Mac Models and OS X Versions:
- MacBook Pro (2012 and later) Yosemite OS X 10.14 or later
- MacBook Air (2012 and later) Yosemite OS X 10.14 or later
- MacBook (2015 and later) Yosemite OS X 10.14 or later
- iMac (2012 and later) Yosemite OS X 10.14 or later
- Mac mini (2012 and later) Yosemite OS X 10.14 or later
- Mac Pro (Late 2013) Yosemite OS X 10.14 or later
Slingshot reserves the right to change the above requirements at any time without notice and make exceptions where it sees fit.